Halloween is a holiday that can sometimes get a bit too dressed up with unnecessary additions like expensive costumes, large sacks of candy that eventually harden and get chucked in the trash around Christmas, and herds of gourds that grow feet of mold and run away in springtime.
We thought it might be cool to just get creative (and a bit resourceful) with your Halloween celebration and try these tips that will make things a bit more heathy and green for you and the planet.
1. Cater your party from a local place that works with organic farmers in the area.
2. Upcycle items in your home to make your costume. (You’ll be surprised with the crazy stuff you’ll come up with.)
3. While you’re upcycling all those badass items you forgot you had from 1980, why not get crazy crafty and MAKE decorations from items you already have?
4. Yep, you guessed it! We are going to tell you to MAKE healthy treats for family and close friends you’re celebrating Halloween with.
5. Go creepy and dark (and green) after twilight by only using candles for light. Who knows, you may even get Edward Cullen to stop by for a trick-or-treat 😉
6.Use reusable bags to collect candy during your march around local neighborhoods.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.