A Recap of the Most Devastating Events Brought on by that Beyotch Sandy
Like most residents in NY, NJ and much of the tri-state area, we’ve had no power, so we apologize for not reporting on the aftermath of this horrific storm sooner. Below, you will find a list of some of the most devastating events that occurred during and after Hurricane Sandy. Due to limited resources, we realize this list is incomplete, so we welcome your feedback as we try to evaluate just how bad the situation has become…
1. In the U.S., at least 50 people were killed by the storm
2. More than 6 million people are currently without power
3. Large swaths of lower Manhattan were inundated by the storm”” as were seven subway tunnels between Manhattan and Brooklyn
4. Atlantic City, New Jersey and other parts of the state’s shoreline were ravaged by the storm. For more details, check out this post on Gothamist
5. In Hoboken, New Jersey dozens of yellow cabs sat parked in rows, submerged in water
6. New York University’s Tisch Hospital relocated more than 200 patients, including 20 babies from neonatal intensive care
7. The ground zero construction site was inundated with sea water
8. In Breezy Point, Queens a ranging fire destroyed as many as 100 houses in an evacuated beachfront neighborhood
9. Three nuclear power plants were shut down and two are running at reduced capacity
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.