By Lynne Russo
This dessert was passed down from our Granny. It came from her mother who was born in Sicily.
4 heaping tbs cornstarch
1 quart of organic whole milk
5 tbs sugar
2 boxes of Italian ladyfingers
¼ cup of finely chopped almonds
Organic chocolate shavings
1. On a low flame, combine the cornstarch, milk and sugar.
2. Mix with a whisk until mixture begins to bubble.
3. Turn off the heat and continue to whisk until the consistency has thickened.
4. In an 8×10 baking pan layer ladyfingers until the entire pan is covered.
5. Pour the pudding over the ladyfingers and cover completely. Let cool.
6. Garnish with chopped almonds and chocolate shavings.
Photo by: Emiko Davies