A Taste of Culture: Italy – Granny’s Bianco Mangiare
By Lynne Russo
This dessert was passed down from our Granny. It came from her mother who was born in Sicily.
4 heaping tbs cornstarch
1 quart of organic whole milk
5 tbs sugar
2 boxes of Italian ladyfingers
¼ cup of finely chopped almonds
Organic chocolate shavings
1. On a low flame, combine the cornstarch, milk and sugar.
2. Mix with a whisk until mixture begins to bubble.
3. Turn off the heat and continue to whisk until the consistency has thickened.
4. In an 8×10 baking pan layer ladyfingers until the entire pan is covered.
5. Pour the pudding over the ladyfingers and cover completely. Let cool.
6. Garnish with chopped almonds and chocolate shavings.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.