DO YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL?
Are you a conscious traveler, artist, writer, foodie, activist or environmentalist?
Maybe you’re just someone who cares about the greater world around you.
Why not share your thoughts and talents with a community that cares about what you have to say?
START NOW & CHANGE THE WORLD WITH US.
(BUT FIRST READ THE FAQ’S BELOW)
DO’S & DON’TS
- Post awesome content that aligns with The Culture-ist’s philosophy
- Share your favorite content
- Support others in the community and help share their message
- Post inappropriate content (suggestive, spam, violent… you get the idea)
- Plagiarize. You may share content from another source by writing a brief summary of the content and linking back to the original article or photo essay. Here’s an example.
- Submit random press releases. If you’d like to explore a partnership, we’d love to hear from you so please contact us.
- The Community is a platform to share your stories, however it is NOT an outlet you may use for press trip sponsorship (unless pre-approved by the editor).
When can I start submitting content to The Culture-ist?
Right now! What are you waiting for 😉 Just go to our Submit page and start writing after you’ve read the Guidelines below.
Can I repost content from my blog?
Absolutely. If you’d like to retain your links, paste in the HTML version (“Text” in the WordPress editor) of your content.
How do I upload a video?
You can share videos by using the embed codes provided by YouTube, Vimeo or any other online content hosting service. Just copy the code and paste it into the body of your submission.
How do I add photos to my post?
You can add photos a few different ways:
- In the content by using the embed codes provided by Flickr or any other online content hosting service that provides embed codes. Just copy the code and paste it into the body of your submission.
- The feature photo can be uploaded directly via the file upload menu on the submit form.
- You can also include a post with photos by pasting the HTML code from your existing posts or by using HTML for any photo you own online. See example:
<img src=”URL OF IMAGE – EXAMPLE: http://thecultureist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/entrepreneur-e1367891250213.jpeg” alt=”PHOTO DESCRIPTION” width=”640″ height=”313″ />
What size should my photos be?
All photos should be a minimum of 750px wide.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Be sure to fill out all the necessary information in the Submit form and triple check your content, imagery and videos for errors before submitting the post for review.
ADD YOUR BYLINE (your name). If you don’t write: “By Suzy Smith” at the top of the post, your name will not appear.
Add your bio. This is your opportunity to tell people who you are and how they can connect with you.
Thank you for joining The Culture-ist Community and we look forward to seeing your stories on our homepage!