This summer why not get inventive with your libations? The New York Times sent us some cool tips for shaking up refreshing cocktails perfect for those sultry summer days.
- Gin, Tonic and a Dash of Restraint - Overwrought reinventions aside, a new golden age for a classic cocktail has arrived. By Jeff Gordinier.
- Giving the Second Ingredient Its Due - In a gin and tonic, the latter is often taken for granted, but the choice of a tonic produces very different cocktails. By Eric Asimov.
- How Would You Like Your Drink? - Which twist of fruit brings out the best in a gin and tonic “” lime or lemon? We sounded out eight gin experts on the subject. By Robert Simonson.
- Sangrias to Refresh and Revive - The Spanish punch that is consumed in the heat doesn’t have to be oversweet or headache-inducing. By Eric Asimov
- Cocktail Snacks With Verve - With both sweet and exotic elements, a bowl of spiced cashews is the right match for a cocktail. By Melissa Clark.
5 Tips for Inventive Summer Cocktiails Photo by Stewart