Photo by flickr/maaco
Once the stockings have been dismantled, the chimney cleaned and the ornaments tucked away, consider recycling your beloved Christmas tree in the most eco-friendly and savviest of ways. We’ve provided a list of unique suggestions to reuse your tree, that will honor this special fir while doing good things for you and Mother Earth.
1. Make a delicious Douglas Fir Sorbet
2. Host a cocktail party and get merry with a festive Douglas Fir Sparkletini
3. Act like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve: Grab a tall glass of milk and eat a plate of Douglas Fir & Orange Blossom Cookies
Photo by: Luna Cafe
4. Brew your own Spruce Beer
Photo by flickr/dblstripe
5. Fight the winter sniffles with a healthy dose of Vitamin A & C. Make a pot of Pine Needle Tea
6. Find a local Christmas tree recycling center by entering your ZIP code at Earth 911 (this fantastic online directory helps recycle just about anything)
7. Feed your perennials; cut up branches can be used as winter mulch
Photo by flickr/Part-time Lion
9. Feed your compost with the Christmas tree.